Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Back to Medium Format

As my last posts described, I scored a couple of great 35mm cameras off of eBay and at a yard sale. I just need one more to complete the arsenal: a good medium format unit. I've been shooting on 35mm for long enough, and now it's time to re-learn the fine-grain detail and strong midtones of 120 film.

I'm having a hard time deciding, though. Hasselblad and Rollei are way out of my price range. Yashica, Mamiya, and Pentax are all reasonable, and that's where I run into trouble. Just like anything else, you have staunch supporters of each. I would love to try each of them, but that's not exactly feasible. I'm leaning hard towards the Pentax 67, but I learned on a Mamiya 645. Decisions, decisions. I'll keep you updated.

- John -
ThePhotoHound

 Subscribe in a reader



Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in Bloglines





Add to Google Reader or Homepage

No comments: